screenshotting an entire web page

Eben King
For most things, I can just do a "Screenshot" or xwd to capture it.  But for
web pages that take >1 screen I've had to screenshot, page down, screenshot,
page down, etc, then piece together in GIMP.  There's a Chrome plugin
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
called "Full Page Screen Capture" .  Downside is it's in Chrome (which isn't
a dealbreaker, it's just not my main browser).  Is this decent, or are there
better choices?

--
-eben    [hidden email]    ebmanda.redirectme.net:81
LIBRA:  A big promotion is just around the corner for someone

Re: screenshotting an entire web page

dylan
Administrator
On Tue, May 5, 2015, at 12:05 PM, Eben King wrote:

> For most things, I can just do a "Screenshot" or xwd to capture it.  But
> for
> web pages that take >1 screen I've had to screenshot, page down,
> screenshot,
> page down, etc, then piece together in GIMP.  There's a Chrome plugin
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
> called "Full Page Screen Capture" .  Downside is it's in Chrome (which
> isn't
> a dealbreaker, it's just not my main browser).  Is this decent, or are
> there
> better choices?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nimbus-Screenshot/

Re: screenshotting an entire web page

Art Eaton
Try printing as pdf.

On 5/5/2015 12:05 PM, Eben King wrote:
> For most things, I can just do a "Screenshot" or xwd to capture it.
> But for web pages that take >1 screen I've had to screenshot, page
> down, screenshot, page down, etc, then piece together in GIMP.
> There's a Chrome plugin
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
> called "Full Page Screen Capture" .  Downside is it's in Chrome (which
> isn't a dealbreaker, it's just not my main browser).  Is this decent,
> or are there better choices?

Re: screenshotting an entire web page

Andrew Gilbertson
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Eben King <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For most things, I can just do a "Screenshot" or xwd to capture it.  But for
> web pages that take >1 screen I've had to screenshot, page down, screenshot,
> page down, etc, then piece together in GIMP.  There's a Chrome plugin
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
> called "Full Page Screen Capture" .  Downside is it's in Chrome (which isn't
> a dealbreaker, it's just not my main browser).  Is this decent, or are there
> better choices?

Why use an extension at all when this functionality is built in to
Firefox?  In Firefox, press Shift-F2 to open command line, then enter
"screenshot --fullpage filename.png" (should work with at least .jpg
as an extension as well, but I haven't verified).  No extensions
needed!  And cross-platform support!

--
The power of the Executive to cast a man in prison without formulating
any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment

--Winston Churchill

On Wed, 6 May 2015, Andrew Gilbertson wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Eben King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> For most things, I can just do a "Screenshot" or xwd to capture it.  But for
>> web pages that take >1 screen I've had to screenshot, page down, screenshot,
>> page down, etc, then piece together in GIMP.  There's a Chrome plugin
>> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
>> called "Full Page Screen Capture" .  Downside is it's in Chrome (which isn't
>> a dealbreaker, it's just not my main browser).  Is this decent, or are there
>> better choices?
>
> Why use an extension at all when this functionality is built in to
> Firefox?  In Firefox, press Shift-F2 to open command line, then enter
> "screenshot --fullpage filename.png" (should work with at least .jpg
> as an extension as well, but I haven't verified).  No extensions
> needed!  And cross-platform support!

Excellent!  Thank you kind sir!