greetings

R Rodenbach
Hi.  I just wanted to introduce myself, if this is the wrong place, sorry.
I live around USF and really interested in learning more about Linux.  I'm
getting the hang of it and wanted to know a little more about SLUG.   Take
care.

Re: greetings

Pete Theisen
R Rodenbach wrote:
> Hi.  I just wanted to introduce myself, if this is the wrong place,
> sorry. I live around USF and really interested in learning more about
> Linux.  I'm getting the hang of it and wanted to know a little more
> about SLUG.   Take care.

Hi Yooper,

What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
chance you will be attending the meetings?

> TAMPA ****************************************************
>
>     Wednesday, April 11, 2012 @ 19:00:00 - 21:00:00
>
>     Location:
>         HDR
>         Suite 400 (4th floor)
>         5426 Bay Center Drive
>         Tampa, FL 33609
>         After 7:00 PM you may need to call Cliff at 727-495-5981
>
> HACKING SESSION ******************************************
>
>     Saturday, June 9, 2012 @ 13:00:00 - 16:30:00
>
>     Definition: (2) hack [very common]
>     1. n. Originally, a quick job that produces what is needed, but not well.
>     2. n. An incredibly good, and perhaps very time-consuming, piece of work that produces exactly
>     what is needed.
>
>     Come join your fellow geeks for an afternoon of social coding.
>
>     Location:
>         Cafe Bohemia
>         937 Central Ave
>         Saint Petersburg, FL 33705

They tell us that Cliff's area code is actually 813.

Watch for the meeting announcement here on this list.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: greetings

R Rodenbach
I'm using Open SuSE on my laptop at home, last night I experimented and
installed Ubuntu alongside it and now mainly using Ubuntu 11.10.  I tried
Kbuntu which I didn't care for, but I do like the KDE desktop.  I installed
the Gnome3 desktop on Ubuntu and prefer over unity like most people do. :)
Linux is strictly a hobby and not work related.  I'm really getting into
scripts now, being that I was real good in DOS a lot of the general concepts
like I mentioned are making a lot of sense.  Plus I worked on the Suncoast
Freenet back in the day, so I'm pretty familiar working with UNIX based
systems.   I'll see what I can do about attending some the meetings, summer
is at hand and things are getting busy at my work.

Take care

>Hi Yooper,

>What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
>chance you will be attending the meetings?

Re: greetings

Richard Wilk
Hi

I'm over in Lutz and would like to meet with you and discuss Linux. Maybe somewhere between us, Like the Pannare Bread at Fowler and Bruce B Downs.

Richard

________________________________
I'm using Open SuSE on my laptop at home, last night I experimented and installed Ubuntu alongside it and now mainly using Ubuntu 11.10.  I tried Kbuntu which I didn't care for, but I do like the KDE desktop.  I installed the Gnome3 desktop on Ubuntu and prefer over unity like most people do. :) Linux is strictly a hobby and not work related.  I'm really getting into scripts now, being that I was real good in DOS a lot of the general concepts like I mentioned are making a lot of sense.  Plus I worked on the Suncoast Freenet back in the day, so I'm pretty familiar working with UNIX based systems.   I'll see what I can do about attending some the meetings, summer is at hand and things are getting busy at my work.

Take care

> Hi Yooper,

> What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
> chance you will be attending the meetings?

Re: greetings

Eben King
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Richard Wilk wrote:

>> R Rodenbach <[hidden email]> wrote on Friday, March 23, 2012 1:44
PM:

>>> I'm using Open SuSE on my laptop at home, last night I experimented and
>>> installed Ubuntu alongside it and now mainly using Ubuntu 11.10.  I tried
>>> Kbuntu which I didn't care for, but I do like the KDE desktop.  I
>>> installed the Gnome3 desktop on Ubuntu and prefer over unity like most
>>> people do. :) Linux is strictly a hobby and not work related.  I'm really
>>> getting into scripts now, being that I was real good in DOS a lot of the
>>> general concepts like I mentioned are making a lot of sense.  Plus I
>>> worked on the Suncoast Freenet back in the day, so I'm pretty familiar
>>> working with UNIX based systems.  I'll see what I can do about attending
>>> some the meetings, summer is at hand and things are getting busy at my
>>> work.
>>>
>>> Take care
>
>> Hi Yooper,
>
>> What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
>> chance you will be attending the meetings?

> I'm over in Lutz and would like to meet with you and discuss Linux. Maybe
> somewhere between us, Like the Pannare Bread at Fowler and Bruce B Downs.

If you all would like, I live near there and can offer another viewpoint.
Assuming it's not too dangerout to get to.

--
-eben   [hidden email]   royalty.mine.nu:81

       This message was created using recycled electrons.