data logging

Eben King
I can look at my sensor data any time and see temperatures, voltages, and
fan speeds.  What can I use to log and graph this stuff?  I'd like to store
it indefinitely and graph arbitrary subsets of the data (to ferret out
correlations) over arbitrary timescales.

At one point I had written a pair of scripts (one cron, one on-demand) that
did this using gnuplot, but they were a pain to maintain, and I abandoned
them when I upgraded distros one time.

--
-eben    [hidden email]    royalty.mine.nu:81
LIBRA:  A big promotion is just around the corner for someone

Re: data logging

Brandon Johnson
collectd is perfect for this. You can graph it with rrdtool, graphite, etc.
:)