Ubuntu trash

Eben King
How do you get to the trash in Ubuntu 12.04?  I went to ~/share/.Trash/files
(I think) and deleted the files, so they're no longer taking up room on the
disk, but that doesn't take care of .../fileinfo.  And it's going behind
XFCE's back, which just feels sneaky.  Do I need to add an icon to one of my
taskbars?

--
-eben      [hidden email]      royalty.mine.nu:81
Scientist A: A matterbaby is a very unstable particle.

Re: Ubuntu trash

Eben King
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, Eben King wrote:

> How do you get to the trash in Ubuntu 12.04?
> Do I need to add an icon to one of my taskbars?

That's how.  When I add the icon and click on it, I get a popup

Failed to connect to the Trash.
Operation not supported.
                [Close]

The icon has no "Edit" option, only "Move" and "Remove".  Help?

--
-eben   [hidden email]   http://royalty.mine.nu:81

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

Re: Ubuntu trash

Eben King
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, Eben King wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, Eben King wrote:
>
>> How do you get to the trash in Ubuntu 12.04?
>> Do I need to add an icon to one of my taskbars?
>
> That's how.  When I add the icon and click on it, I get a popup
>
> Failed to connect to the Trash.
> Operation not supported.
>               [Close]
>
> The icon has no "Edit" option, only "Move" and "Remove".  Help?

OK, I had to install gvfs (+ all its hangers-on) before it would work.
Presumably I could have started some gvfs-related daemon, but I had to
restart anyway to unscrew my .xinitrc, so I did.  IMO that should have been
included, or at least mentioned in the error message.

Now to figure out why gnome-power-* only recognizes one battery, when I have
two.  Maybe one isn't making good contact?  Neither one latches well, so
it's very possible.

--
-eben   [hidden email]   royalty.mine.nu:81

  My parents went to a planet where the inhabitants have no
  bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this lousy F-shirt.