Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
Hi Sluggers,

You guys from Tampa and St. Pete need to start making the trip. If you
had been here you would have met Mark Bishop, Joe Brandt, Wee Robby, a
half a dozen cute girls who hit the exit at the first mention of "linux"
(have to work on our image) and, of course, me.

I think we would have had more if not for the incessant downpour.
Everyone was soggy, if not from the rain the resulting humidity. No
video out of respect for the bad hair events.

Discussion was mostly about how to structure the meetings, and how to
send the notices. A delegation is tentatively planning to attend the
Tampa meeting next week.

I was the only one who wanted to go somewhere to eat afterwards so I
checked out the "Yummy House". It was, yummy. They give you a lot -
actually, enough for you and your honey - or for lunch the next day.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yummy-house-sarasota-sarasota
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

dylan
Administrator
I motion that we include the meeting in the regular announcement
lineup at this point. We'll discuss it at the tampa meeting, but I'm
fairly confident in Joe Brandt not losing interest any time soon.

Bill, Sam, Bryan, William -- what do you say?

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sluggers,
>
> You guys from Tampa and St. Pete need to start making the trip. If you had
> been here you would have met Mark Bishop, Joe Brandt, Wee Robby, a half a
> dozen cute girls who hit the exit at the first mention of "linux" (have to
> work on our image) and, of course, me.
>
> I think we would have had more if not for the incessant downpour. Everyone
> was soggy, if not from the rain the resulting humidity. No video out of
> respect for the bad hair events.
>
> Discussion was mostly about how to structure the meetings, and how to send
> the notices. A delegation is tentatively planning to attend the Tampa
> meeting next week.
>
> I was the only one who wanted to go somewhere to eat afterwards so I checked
> out the "Yummy House". It was, yummy. They give you a lot - actually, enough
> for you and your honey - or for lunch the next day.
>
> http://www.yelp.com/biz/yummy-house-sarasota-sarasota
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Bryan Lee
Thus Dylan William Hardison hast written on Thu, May 02, 2013 at 05:49:59PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> I motion that we include the meeting in the regular announcement
> lineup at this point. We'll discuss it at the tampa meeting, but I'm
> fairly confident in Joe Brandt not losing interest any time soon.
>
> Bill, Sam, Bryan, William -- what do you say?

Motion seconded.

I am ok with advertising the SRQ meeting on the list, as long as it's
called BETA for the remainder of the prescribed 6-month beta period.  I'm
still not entirely sure why it wasn't being advertised since the beginning.

I would like to see Dylan/Bill/Sam/William/myself go to one of the SRQ
meetings, and I'd like to see Joe come up for *A* Tampa or Pinellas meeting.
which I understand from Pete's email below, is being planned.

A special thanks to Pete for keeping the minutes!

I'd like to make a second motion that we create calendar events in the
various social medias, as needed/desired.

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Sluggers,
> >
> > You guys from Tampa and St. Pete need to start making the trip. If you had
> > been here you would have met Mark Bishop, Joe Brandt, Wee Robby, a half a
> > dozen cute girls who hit the exit at the first mention of "linux" (have to
> > work on our image) and, of course, me.
> >
> > I think we would have had more if not for the incessant downpour. Everyone
> > was soggy, if not from the rain the resulting humidity. No video out of
> > respect for the bad hair events.
> >
> > Discussion was mostly about how to structure the meetings, and how to send
> > the notices. A delegation is tentatively planning to attend the Tampa
> > meeting next week.
> >
> > I was the only one who wanted to go somewhere to eat afterwards so I checked
> > out the "Yummy House". It was, yummy. They give you a lot - actually, enough
> > for you and your honey - or for lunch the next day.
> >
> > http://www.yelp.com/biz/yummy-house-sarasota-sarasota
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pete
> > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Robert Snyder
Yes I was going to post minutes but Pete beat me too them.

As I tend to be Joe's right hand man for these beta meetings,  I am going
to try and make it up to Tampa next week and maybe even try to get Pinellas
in as well.

We would like to see a better turn out next month, which means I be doing
some heavy advertising for next months meeting on 6/5/2013.

I think over all we lover to see some old faces and some new faces.  I
would say that we want to be new people friend yet still talk about things
that still interest the inner linux geek/ network admin / developer who
been there done that .

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Bryan Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thus Dylan William Hardison hast written on Thu, May 02, 2013 at
> 05:49:59PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> > I motion that we include the meeting in the regular announcement
> > lineup at this point. We'll discuss it at the tampa meeting, but I'm
> > fairly confident in Joe Brandt not losing interest any time soon.
> >
> > Bill, Sam, Bryan, William -- what do you say?
>
> Motion seconded.
>
> I am ok with advertising the SRQ meeting on the list, as long as it's
> called BETA for the remainder of the prescribed 6-month beta period.  I'm
> still not entirely sure why it wasn't being advertised since the beginning.
>
> I would like to see Dylan/Bill/Sam/William/myself go to one of the SRQ
> meetings, and I'd like to see Joe come up for *A* Tampa or Pinellas
> meeting.
> which I understand from Pete's email below, is being planned.
>
> A special thanks to Pete for keeping the minutes!
>

> I'd like to make a second motion that we create calendar events in the
> various social medias, as needed/desired.
>

> > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Sluggers,
> > >
> > > You guys from Tampa and St. Pete need to start making the trip. If you
> had
> > > been here you would have met Mark Bishop, Joe Brandt, Wee Robby, a
> half a
> > > dozen cute girls who hit the exit at the first mention of "linux"
> (have to
> > > work on our image) and, of course, me.
> > >
> > > I think we would have had more if not for the incessant downpour.
> Everyone
> > > was soggy, if not from the rain the resulting humidity. No video out of
> > > respect for the bad hair events.
> > >
> > > Discussion was mostly about how to structure the meetings, and how to
> send
> > > the notices. A delegation is tentatively planning to attend the Tampa
> > > meeting next week.
> > >
> > > I was the only one who wanted to go somewhere to eat afterwards so I
> checked
> > > out the "Yummy House". It was, yummy. They give you a lot - actually,
> enough
> > > for you and your honey - or for lunch the next day.
> > >
> > > http://www.yelp.com/biz/yummy-house-sarasota-sarasota
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pete
> > > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

joebrandt
 It would not be proper for me to cast a vote in this matter so I officially abstain.

On 05/02/13, Bryan Lee wrote:

Thus Dylan William Hardison hast written on Thu, May 02, 2013 at 05:49:59PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> I motion that we include the meeting in the regular announcement
> lineup at this point. We'll discuss it at the tampa meeting, but I'm
> fairly confident in Joe Brandt not losing interest any time soon.
>
> Bill, Sam, Bryan, William -- what do you say?

Motion seconded.

I am ok with advertising the SRQ meeting on the list, as long as it's
called BETA for the remainder of the prescribed 6-month beta period. I'm
still not entirely sure why it wasn't being advertised since the beginning.

I would like to see Dylan/Bill/Sam/William/myself go to one of the SRQ
meetings, and I'd like to see Joe come up for *A* Tampa or Pinellas meeting.
which I understand from Pete's email below, is being planned.

A special thanks to Pete for keeping the minutes!

I'd like to make a second motion that we create calendar events in the
various social medias, as needed/desired.

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Sluggers,
> >
> > You guys from Tampa and St. Pete need to start making the trip. If you had
> > been here you would have met Mark Bishop, Joe Brandt, Wee Robby, a half a
> > dozen cute girls who hit the exit at the first mention of "linux" (have to
> > work on our image) and, of course, me.
> >
> > I think we would have had more if not for the incessant downpour. Everyone
> > was soggy, if not from the rain the resulting humidity. No video out of
> > respect for the bad hair events.
> >
> > Discussion was mostly about how to structure the meetings, and how to send
> > the notices. A delegation is tentatively planning to attend the Tampa
> > meeting next week.
> >
> > I was the only one who wanted to go somewhere to eat afterwards so I checked
> > out the "Yummy House". It was, yummy. They give you a lot - actually, enough
> > for you and your honey - or for lunch the next day.
> >
> > http://www.yelp.com/biz/yummy-house-sarasota-sarasota
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pete
> > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
On 05/02/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:

> Yes I was going to post minutes but Pete beat me too them.
>
> As I tend to be Joe's right hand man for these beta meetings,  I am going
> to try and make it up to Tampa next week and maybe even try to get Pinellas
> in as well.
>
> We would like to see a better turn out next month, which means I be doing
> some heavy advertising for next months meeting on 6/5/2013.
>
> I think over all we lover to see some old faces and some new faces.  I
> would say that we want to be new people friend yet still talk about things
> that still interest the inner linux geek/ network admin / developer who
> been there done that .

Hi Wee Robby,

I wasn't meaning to upstage you, but knowing that you are working more
hours that I and you were too tired even for a snack last night . . .

See if you can get that gaggle of girls to join us :-)
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
On 05/02/2013 08:44 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>   It would not be proper for me to cast a vote in this matter so I officially abstain.

Seeing that I regularly attend all three meetings, I vote to include
Sarasota BETA meeting in the regular announcement.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Samuel Elliot
It is moved and seconded that "we [Suncoast Linux Users Group] include the
[Sarasota BETA branch] meeting in the regular announcement lineup".

Is there any discussion?

   1. Bryan: Use of the label "BETA" with the announcement for the
   remainder of the Sarasota meetings beta period.
   2. Bryan: The Board observe a Sarasota BETA branch meeting.
   3. Bryan: The Sarasota BETA branch meeting organizer (Joe Brandt)
   observe a non beta meeting at Tampa or Pinellas branch.
   4. Bryan: The creation of calendar events (in regards to the Sarasota
   branch) used with our various social media outlets.

I agree with Bryan's second recommendation, the Board or a majority of it
should attend and observe a meeting under the current organizational
structure while it's in it's "BETA" phase.  Observing in this manner can
provide insight into how the branch will progress, as well as allow for
better interaction between organizers and board members.

I also agree with Bryan's third recommendation, as with my opinion to
Brian's second recommendation, the interaction should provide
wide repercussions.

However, I would have to mention that neither Brian's second nor
third recommendation should preclude our moving forward with this motion.

I support Brian's first recommendation as stipulation for posting
announcements for a branch that hasn't matured beyond it's "BETA" period,
we should label it's announcement in the meeting agenda as "BETA" to
remain transparent with it's status.  This should encourage growth, and
provide a public awareness of it's moving to official status when the
"BETA" label is removed.

As for Brian's forth recommendation, I feel the creation of events in our
differing venues falls outside this motion, however this is a topic of
discussion we have on the agenda.

Are their any further discussion?

- Sam Likins
Expansion Director

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Bryan Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thus Dylan William Hardison hast written on Thu, May 02, 2013 at
> 05:49:59PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> > I motion that we include the meeting in the regular announcement
> > lineup at this point. We'll discuss it at the tampa meeting, but I'm
> > fairly confident in Joe Brandt not losing interest any time soon.
> >
> > Bill, Sam, Bryan, William -- what do you say?
>
> Motion seconded.
>
> I am ok with advertising the SRQ meeting on the list, as long as it's
> called BETA for the remainder of the prescribed 6-month beta period.  I'm
> still not entirely sure why it wasn't being advertised since the beginning.
>
> I would like to see Dylan/Bill/Sam/William/myself go to one of the SRQ
> meetings, and I'd like to see Joe come up for *A* Tampa or Pinellas
> meeting.
> which I understand from Pete's email below, is being planned.
>
> A special thanks to Pete for keeping the minutes!
>

> I'd like to make a second motion that we create calendar events in the
> various social medias, as needed/desired.
>

> > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Sluggers,
> > >
> > > You guys from Tampa and St. Pete need to start making the trip. If you
> had
> > > been here you would have met Mark Bishop, Joe Brandt, Wee Robby, a
> half a
> > > dozen cute girls who hit the exit at the first mention of "linux"
> (have to
> > > work on our image) and, of course, me.
> > >
> > > I think we would have had more if not for the incessant downpour.
> Everyone
> > > was soggy, if not from the rain the resulting humidity. No video out of
> > > respect for the bad hair events.
> > >
> > > Discussion was mostly about how to structure the meetings, and how to
> send
> > > the notices. A delegation is tentatively planning to attend the Tampa
> > > meeting next week.
> > >
> > > I was the only one who wanted to go somewhere to eat afterwards so I
> checked
> > > out the "Yummy House". It was, yummy. They give you a lot - actually,
> enough
> > > for you and your honey - or for lunch the next day.
> > >
> > > http://www.yelp.com/biz/yummy-house-sarasota-sarasota
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pete
> > > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
On 05/03/2013 07:36 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:

I move we vote :-)

> It is moved and seconded that "we [Suncoast Linux Users Group] include the
> [Sarasota BETA branch] meeting in the regular announcement lineup".
>

> Is there any discussion?
>

>     1. Bryan: Use of the label "BETA" with the announcement for the
>     remainder of the Sarasota meetings beta period.
>     2. Bryan: The Board observe a Sarasota BETA branch meeting.
>     3. Bryan: The Sarasota BETA branch meeting organizer (Joe Brandt)
>     observe a non beta meeting at Tampa or Pinellas branch.
>     4. Bryan: The creation of calendar events (in regards to the Sarasota
>     branch) used with our various social media outlets.
>

> I agree with Bryan's second recommendation, the Board or a majority of it
> should attend and observe a meeting under the current organizational
> structure while it's in it's "BETA" phase.  Observing in this manner can
> provide insight into how the branch will progress, as well as allow for
> better interaction between organizers and board members.
>
> I also agree with Bryan's third recommendation, as with my opinion to
> Brian's second recommendation, the interaction should provide
> wide repercussions.
>
> However, I would have to mention that neither Brian's second nor
> third recommendation should preclude our moving forward with this motion.
>
> I support Brian's first recommendation as stipulation for posting
> announcements for a branch that hasn't matured beyond it's "BETA" period,
> we should label it's announcement in the meeting agenda as "BETA" to
> remain transparent with it's status.  This should encourage growth, and
> provide a public awareness of it's moving to official status when the
> "BETA" label is removed.
>
> As for Brian's forth recommendation, I feel the creation of events in our
> differing venues falls outside this motion, however this is a topic of
> discussion we have on the agenda.
>

> Are their any further discussion?
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Bill D
I see no issues with including them in the official channels while keeping
the beta term for the remainder of the beta period.

Creation is a better means of self-expression than possession; it is
through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. - Vivda D. Scudder

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 05/03/2013 07:36 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
>
> I move we vote :-)
>

>  It is moved and seconded that "we [Suncoast Linux Users Group] include the
>> [Sarasota BETA branch] meeting in the regular announcement lineup".
>>

>> Is there any discussion?
>>

>>     1. Bryan: Use of the label "BETA" with the announcement for the
>>     remainder of the Sarasota meetings beta period.
>>     2. Bryan: The Board observe a Sarasota BETA branch meeting.
>>     3. Bryan: The Sarasota BETA branch meeting organizer (Joe Brandt)
>>     observe a non beta meeting at Tampa or Pinellas branch.
>>     4. Bryan: The creation of calendar events (in regards to the Sarasota
>>     branch) used with our various social media outlets.
>>

>> I agree with Bryan's second recommendation, the Board or a majority of it
>> should attend and observe a meeting under the current organizational
>> structure while it's in it's "BETA" phase.  Observing in this manner can
>> provide insight into how the branch will progress, as well as allow for
>> better interaction between organizers and board members.
>>
>> I also agree with Bryan's third recommendation, as with my opinion to
>> Brian's second recommendation, the interaction should provide
>> wide repercussions.
>>
>> However, I would have to mention that neither Brian's second nor
>> third recommendation should preclude our moving forward with this motion.
>>
>> I support Brian's first recommendation as stipulation for posting
>> announcements for a branch that hasn't matured beyond it's "BETA" period,
>> we should label it's announcement in the meeting agenda as "BETA" to
>> remain transparent with it's status.  This should encourage growth, and
>> provide a public awareness of it's moving to official status when the
>> "BETA" label is removed.
>>
>> As for Brian's forth recommendation, I feel the creation of events in our
>> differing venues falls outside this motion, however this is a topic of
>> discussion we have on the agenda.
>>

>> Are their any further discussion?
>>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Samuel Elliot
Do we want to adopt the motion?

Any ayes?

Sam :D

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Bill D <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see no issues with including them in the official channels while keeping
> the beta term for the remainder of the beta period.
>

> Creation is a better means of self-expression than possession; it is
> through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. - Vivda D. Scudder
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > On 05/03/2013 07:36 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
> >
> > I move we vote :-)
> >

> >  It is moved and seconded that "we [Suncoast Linux Users Group] include
> the
> >> [Sarasota BETA branch] meeting in the regular announcement lineup".
> >>

> >> Is there any discussion?
> >>

> >>     1. Bryan: Use of the label "BETA" with the announcement for the
> >>     remainder of the Sarasota meetings beta period.
> >>     2. Bryan: The Board observe a Sarasota BETA branch meeting.
> >>     3. Bryan: The Sarasota BETA branch meeting organizer (Joe Brandt)
> >>     observe a non beta meeting at Tampa or Pinellas branch.
> >>     4. Bryan: The creation of calendar events (in regards to the
> Sarasota
> >>     branch) used with our various social media outlets.
> >>

> >> I agree with Bryan's second recommendation, the Board or a majority of
> it
> >> should attend and observe a meeting under the current organizational
> >> structure while it's in it's "BETA" phase.  Observing in this manner can
> >> provide insight into how the branch will progress, as well as allow for
> >> better interaction between organizers and board members.
> >>
> >> I also agree with Bryan's third recommendation, as with my opinion to
> >> Brian's second recommendation, the interaction should provide
> >> wide repercussions.
> >>
> >> However, I would have to mention that neither Brian's second nor
> >> third recommendation should preclude our moving forward with this
> motion.
> >>
> >> I support Brian's first recommendation as stipulation for posting
> >> announcements for a branch that hasn't matured beyond it's "BETA"
> period,
> >> we should label it's announcement in the meeting agenda as "BETA" to
> >> remain transparent with it's status.  This should encourage growth, and
> >> provide a public awareness of it's moving to official status when the
> >> "BETA" label is removed.
> >>
> >> As for Brian's forth recommendation, I feel the creation of events in
> our
> >> differing venues falls outside this motion, however this is a topic of
> >> discussion we have on the agenda.
> >>

> >> Are their any further discussion?
> >>
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pete
> > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Robin Miller
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Samuel Elliot <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Do we want to adopt the motion?
>
> Any ayes?

Aye

--
Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Bradenton, Florida, USA

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

dylan
Administrator
Aye
On May 3, 2013 10:18 AM, "Samuel Elliot" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we want to adopt the motion?
>
> Any ayes?
>
> Sam :D
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Bill D <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I see no issues with including them in the official channels while
> keeping
> > the beta term for the remainder of the beta period.
> >

> > Creation is a better means of self-expression than possession; it is
> > through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. - Vivda D.
> Scudder
> >

> > On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > On 05/03/2013 07:36 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
> > >
> > > I move we vote :-)
> > >

> > >  It is moved and seconded that "we [Suncoast Linux Users Group] include
> > the

> > Sarasota

> > it
> can
> for

> > motion.

> > period,
> and

> > our

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pete
> > > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
On 05/03/2013 10:18 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:

Aye.

> Do we want to adopt the motion?
>
> Any ayes?
>
> Sam :D
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Bill D <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I see no issues with including them in the official channels while keeping
>> the beta term for the remainder of the beta period.
>>

>> Creation is a better means of self-expression than possession; it is
>> through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. - Vivda D. Scudder
>>

>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 05/03/2013 07:36 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
>>>
>>> I move we vote :-)
>>>

>>>   It is moved and seconded that "we [Suncoast Linux Users Group] include
>> the

>> Sarasota

>> it

>> motion.

>> period,

>> our

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Pete
>>> http://pete-theisen.com/
>>> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Robert Snyder
naye  as this has become a mess of motions. Keep it simple stupid has
worked for slackware so I don't see why we need all this fuss.
On May 3, 2013 3:32 PM, "Pete Theisen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05/03/2013 10:18 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
>
> Aye.
>
>  Do we want to adopt the motion?
>>
>> Any ayes?
>>
>> Sam :D
>>

>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Bill D <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  I see no issues with including them in the official channels while
>>> keeping
>>> the beta term for the remainder of the beta period.
>>>

>>> Creation is a better means of self-expression than possession; it is
>>> through creating, not possessing, that life is revealed. - Vivda D.
>>> Scudder
>>>

>>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]

>>> the

> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Samuel Elliot
Robert,

I fail to see "all this fuss" you're referring to.  I can't fathom how
voting against Sarasota being included in the regular announcement lineup
is going to suit you.  Is that not what you, Joe, and the rest of the
Sarasota BETA branch wanted?  As a group, if someone wants to do something
that affects the rest of the group, and takes it upon themselves to do it
without consulting others in the group, it can create chaos.  A simple vote
provides ample time for anyone to speak their mind, and allow for fair
standards.  As of current we have A motion, a second, two ayes, and now a
naye.

- Sam Likins
Expansion Director

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Robert Snyder <[hidden email]>wrote:

> naye  as this has become a mess of motions. Keep it simple stupid has
> worked for slackware so I don't see why we need all this fuss.
> On May 3, 2013 3:32 PM, "Pete Theisen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 05/03/2013 10:18 AM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
> >
> > Aye.
> >
> >  Do we want to adopt the motion?
> >>
> >> Any ayes?
> >>
> >> Sam :D
> >>

> >> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Bill D <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>  I see no issues with including them in the official channels while

> include

> Brandt)

> of

> for

> and

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pete
> > http://pete-theisen.com/
> > http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
On 05/02/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:

Hi WeeRobby,

Robin Miller has sort-of volunteered (or maybe I annoyingly volunteered
him) to do a presentation of his way-cool Walmart Android tablet and the
apps he has on it. You need to sort-of adapt the projector to show us
what he is doing. Can't get his message up on facebook, but if I recall
correctly it needs usb to projector, I think . . . Or, maybe something
else. Robin Miller, help me out on the details, please . . .

That, and get those lovely ladies who were in the lobby to attend, gasp.
Try sweet talking :-)

Finally, I have a "Squad Problem" for the group to entertain. About
converting .xls files that contain text fields that are punctuated with
commas and the like into MySQL data files. I haven't a clue . . .

First Wednesday monthly, 7PM, Star2Star Communications
600 Tallevast Road, Sarasota, Florida 34243 (I-75 south to
Sarasota/Bradenton airport exit. Right (West) to US-41, Right (North) to
Tallevast (far side of the airport), Right again to second building on
the right, maybe 1/4 mile, looks like a hanger)

WeeRobby, you are the insider so we need a way to contact you when we
get there, LOL. Maybe your direct phone number? Instead of that ratty
menu thing.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 05/02/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>
> Hi WeeRobby,
>
> Robin Miller has sort-of volunteered (or maybe I annoyingly volunteered
> him) to do a presentation of his way-cool Walmart Android tablet and the
> apps he has on it. You need to sort-of adapt the projector to show us what
> he is doing. Can't get his message up on facebook, but if I recall
> correctly it needs usb to projector, I think . . . Or, maybe something
> else. Robin Miller, help me out on the details, please . . .

This is the first I've heard of this. I thought I was going to be talking
about the value of Linux knowledge in the job market.

But yeah... this would actually be easier and will fit with my column
schedule. An Android phone and an Android tab... the difference between the
two of them in a practical sense and why I have both... apps for them...

Don't worry about special projector stuff. I'll bring a laptop, too, and a
thumb drive.Belt, suspenders & codpiece.

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Bradenton, Florida, USA

Re: Sarasota Beta Meeting

Pete Theisen
On 05/30/2013 04:30 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

Hi Robin,

Thanks. So I was only sort-of annoying. Maybe the FB conversation was
only on my end, imaginary friend and all that.

You can still do "the value of Linux knowledge in the job market" at a
subsequent meeting.

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On 05/02/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>>
>> Hi WeeRobby,
>>
>> Robin Miller has sort-of volunteered (or maybe I annoyingly volunteered
>> him) to do a presentation of his way-cool Walmart Android tablet and the
>> apps he has on it. You need to sort-of adapt the projector to show us what
>> he is doing. Can't get his message up on facebook, but if I recall
>> correctly it needs usb to projector, I think . . . Or, maybe something
>> else. Robin Miller, help me out on the details, please . . .
>

> This is the first I've heard of this. I thought I was going to be talking
> about the value of Linux knowledge in the job market.
>
> But yeah... this would actually be easier and will fit with my column
> schedule. An Android phone and an Android tab... the difference between the
> two of them in a practical sense and why I have both... apps for them...
>
> Don't worry about special projector stuff. I'll bring a laptop, too, and a
> thumb drive.Belt, suspenders & codpiece.
>

> Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
> Bradenton, Florida, USA

Regards,

Pete