Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Robert Snyder
Sorry for the late notice.   Due to a family emergency ( not earth
shattering )  There will not be a meeting tonight.   Instead
be temporarily moving it to another date next week that does not conflict
with any other slug meetings.

Sorry for this last minute change.

Rob

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Pete Theisen
On 06/05/2013 04:19 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Sorry for the late notice.   Due to a family emergency ( not earth
> shattering )  There will not be a meeting tonight.   Instead
> be temporarily moving it to another date next week that does not conflict
> with any other slug meetings.
>
> Sorry for this last minute change.

Hi Rob,

I don't know if anyone was en-route from a long way and missed the
message or not, but we have to get a backup plan for someone else to
open the doors in case this ever happens again. Maybe one of those cute
girls :-)

Not sure rescheduling will work. Let's hear the suggestions . . .
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Robert Snyder
Yes I am working on a backup plan as Joe's backup was me I have to find
another willing sole at the company to take responsbility for said group.
That whole secured facility thing in all.  It also does not hurt there is a
tropical storm heading our way.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 04:19 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the late notice.   Due to a family emergency ( not earth
>> shattering )  There will not be a meeting tonight.   Instead
>> be temporarily moving it to another date next week that does not conflict
>> with any other slug meetings.
>>
>> Sorry for this last minute change.
>>

> Hi Rob,
>
> I don't know if anyone was en-route from a long way and missed the message
> or not, but we have to get a backup plan for someone else to open the doors
> in case this ever happens again. Maybe one of those cute girls :-)
>
> Not sure rescheduling will work. Let's hear the suggestions . . .
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Robin Miller
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Robert Snyder <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Yes I am working on a backup plan as Joe's backup was me I have to find
> another willing sole at the company

Why not have meetings somewhere else?

--
Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Bradenton, Florida, USA

On 06/05/2013 09:33 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Robert Snyder <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Yes I am working on a backup plan as Joe's backup was me I have to find
>> another willing sole at the company
>

> Why not have meetings somewhere else?

Hi Robin,

We used to, but it is hard to find a room with Internet and a projector
that is open to techie stuff with no economic model. That is why it bit
the dust last time - too hard to find a place.

That said, you have somewhere?
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Samuel Elliot
Just a suggestion, checkout
https://www.scgov.net/Library/Libraries/Pages/MeetingRooms.aspx

Sam :D

On 06/05/2013 10:00 PM, Samuel Elliot wrote:
> Just a suggestion, checkout
> https://www.scgov.net/Library/Libraries/Pages/MeetingRooms.aspx

Hi Sam,

It is a possibility, but there are no projectors.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

On 06/05/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Yes I am working on a backup plan as Joe's backup was me I have to find
> another willing sole at the company to take responsbility for said group.
> That whole secured facility thing in all.  It also does not hurt there is a
> tropical storm heading our way.

Tuesday the 11th looks the best for me with Friday as a second choice.
Booked on the other days.

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On 06/05/2013 04:19 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry for the late notice.   Due to a family emergency ( not earth
>>> shattering )  There will not be a meeting tonight.   Instead
>>> be temporarily moving it to another date next week that does not conflict
>>> with any other slug meetings.
>>>
>>> Sorry for this last minute change.
>>>

>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> I don't know if anyone was en-route from a long way and missed the message
>> or not, but we have to get a backup plan for someone else to open the doors
>> in case this ever happens again. Maybe one of those cute girls :-)
>>
>> Not sure rescheduling will work. Let's hear the suggestions . . .
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Pete
>> http://pete-theisen.com/
>> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Robin Miller
> https://www.scgov.net/Library/**Libraries/Pages/MeetingRooms.**aspx<https://www.scgov.net/Library/Libraries/Pages/MeetingRooms.aspx>
>>

> Hi Sam,
>
> It is a possibility, but there are no projectors.

It is possible to hold meetings without projectors. I've done it many times.

In fact, I had planned to make my presentation at the canceled meeting
without a projector.

--
Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Bradenton, Florida, USA

On 06/06/2013 12:55 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

>> It is a possibility, but there are no projectors.

> It is possible to hold meetings without projectors. I've done it many times.
>
> In fact, I had planned to make my presentation at the canceled meeting
> without a projector.

Hi Robin,

Possible, but not preferable.

You would not be able to hold the kind of SLUG meetings we have been
holding the last few years without a projector. Even with two or three
people, it is much easier to show your screen to the group with a projector.

I can't imagine everyone I expected to come last night viewing your
tablet comfortably without you screening it. Not only that, we usually
record a portion of the meeting and post it to YouTube. If it is not
screened it is much more difficult to record.

Not saying impossible, but. . . I know, run up to Tampa for the meeting
next week and you can see what I mean.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

dylan
Administrator
How about someone find a inexpensive projector on amazon.com and setup
a crowdtilt for it?

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/06/2013 12:55 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>>> It is a possibility, but there are no projectors.
>

>> It is possible to hold meetings without projectors. I've done it many
>> times.
>>
>> In fact, I had planned to make my presentation at the canceled meeting
>> without a projector.
>

> Hi Robin,
>
> Possible, but not preferable.
>
> You would not be able to hold the kind of SLUG meetings we have been holding
> the last few years without a projector. Even with two or three people, it is
> much easier to show your screen to the group with a projector.
>
> I can't imagine everyone I expected to come last night viewing your tablet
> comfortably without you screening it. Not only that, we usually record a
> portion of the meeting and post it to YouTube. If it is not screened it is
> much more difficult to record.
>
> Not saying impossible, but. . . I know, run up to Tampa for the meeting next
> week and you can see what I mean.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Pete Theisen
On 06/05/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:

So, Wee Robby, the backup plan is ? ? ?

Sarasota Meeting is in two weeks!

Agenda is, what?

> Yes I am working on a backup plan as Joe's backup was me I have to find
> another willing sole at the company to take responsbility for said group.
> That whole secured facility thing in all.  It also does not hurt there is a
> tropical storm heading our way.
>

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On 06/05/2013 04:19 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry for the late notice.   Due to a family emergency ( not earth
>>> shattering )  There will not be a meeting tonight.   Instead
>>> be temporarily moving it to another date next week that does not conflict
>>> with any other slug meetings.
>>>
>>> Sorry for this last minute change.
>>>

>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> I don't know if anyone was en-route from a long way and missed the message
>> or not, but we have to get a backup plan for someone else to open the doors
>> in case this ever happens again. Maybe one of those cute girls :-)
>>
>> Not sure rescheduling will work. Let's hear the suggestions . . .
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Robert Snyder
I will be unavailable for the next couple of months as new title and now
working in two different departments will keep me tied up most nights.

While my preference is still star2star for the meetings it best we find a
place that anyone could get too.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 08:27 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>
> So, Wee Robby, the backup plan is ? ? ?
>
> Sarasota Meeting is in two weeks!
>
> Agenda is, what?
>
>  Yes I am working on a backup plan as Joe's backup was me I have to find
>> another willing sole at the company to take responsbility for said group.
>> That whole secured facility thing in all.  It also does not hurt there is
>> tropical storm heading our way.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>  On 06/05/2013 04:19 PM, Robert Snyder wrote:
>>>
>>>  Sorry for the late notice.   Due to a family emergency ( not earth

>>> Hi Rob,
>>>
>>> I don't know if anyone was en-route from a long way and missed the
>>> message
>>> or not, but we have to get a backup plan for someone else to open the
>>> doors
>>> in case this ever happens again. Maybe one of those cute girls :-)
>>>
>>> Not sure rescheduling will work. Let's hear the suggestions . . .
>>>
>> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Fwd: Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Pete Theisen
Well, then you need two back-ups!

:-)

I tell you, you need to talk to those girls. With them running it we
would have no problem with attendance.

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

             . . .

     --
     Regards,

     Pete
     http://pete-theisen.com/
     http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: Sarasota - Beta Meeting Canceled ( being moved )

Bryan Lee
Has a new location been determined yet?  The standard meeting date is this
coming Wednesday, July 5.

Thus Robert Snyder hast written on Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 07:19:54PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:

On 06/30/2013 02:38 AM, Bryan Lee wrote:
> Has a new location been determined yet?  The standard meeting date is this
> coming Wednesday, July 5.

I have heard nothing. I think the Sarasota meetings are canceled until
further notice. At least, that was my understanding of the latest post.