Re: slug Digest, Vol 22, Issue 14

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: slug Digest, Vol 22, Issue 14

R Rodenbach

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:53:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eben King <[hidden email]>
To: SLUG Mailing List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [SLUG] greetings
Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"; Format="flowed"

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Richard Wilk wrote:

>> R Rodenbach <[hidden email]> wrote on Friday, March 23, 2012 1:44
PM:

>>> I'm using Open SuSE on my laptop at home, last night I experimented and
>>> installed Ubuntu alongside it and now mainly using Ubuntu 11.10.? I
>>> tried
>>> Kbuntu which I didn't care for, but I do like the KDE desktop.? I
>>> installed the Gnome3 desktop on Ubuntu and prefer over unity like most
>>> people do. :) Linux is strictly a hobby and not work related.? I'm
>>> really
>>> getting into scripts now, being that I was real good in DOS a lot of the
>>> general concepts like I mentioned are making a lot of sense.? Plus I
>>> worked on the Suncoast Freenet back in the day, so I'm pretty familiar
>>> working with UNIX based systems.? I'll see what I can do about attending
>>> some the meetings, summer is at hand and things are getting busy at my
>>> work.
>>>
>>> Take care
>> Hi Yooper,
>> What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
>> chance you will be attending the meetings?

> I'm over in Lutz and would like to meet with you and discuss Linux. Maybe
> somewhere between us, Like the Pannare Bread at Fowler and Bruce B Downs.

>>>If you all would like, I live near there and can offer another viewpoint.
>>>Assuming it's not too dangerout to get to.

Panera bread sounded like a great spot, but then realised
that it moved or went out business so any other suggestions for those in the
USF/Temple Terrace area?    I'm real interested in learning more about
Linux.   As I mentioned, along with dabbling around with Linux from about
1996 - present I also used the SCFN with PINE as the email program.   If it
wouldn't be too presumptuous, I will post an article about SCFN to the list.

Take care

>>>> some the meetings, summer is at hand and things are getting busy at my
>>>> work.
>>>>
>>>> Take care
>>> Hi Yooper,
>>> What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
>>> chance you will be attending the meetings?
>> I'm over in Lutz and would like to meet with you and discuss Linux. Maybe
>> somewhere between us, Like the Pannare Bread at Fowler and Bruce B Downs.
>>>> If you all would like, I live near there and can offer another viewpoint.
>>>> Assuming it's not too dangerout to get to.
>               Panera bread sounded like a great spot, but then realised that
> it moved or went out business so any other suggestions for those in the
> USF/Temple Terrace area?

panerabread.com thinks it's still there:

(#1)

-eben                                      [hidden email]
1101000 1110100 1110100 1110000 0111010 0101111 0101111 1110010 1101111
1111001 1100001 1101100 1110100 1111001 0101110 1101101 1101001 1101110
1100101 0101110 1101110 1110101 0111010 0111000 0110001 0101111
_______________________________________________
slug mailing list
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: slug Digest, Vol 22, Issue 14

Richard Wilk
I just ate at that Pannera Bread 3 days ago.

________________________________

>>>> some the meetings, summer is at hand and things are getting busy at my
>>>> work.
>>>>
>>>> Take care
>>> Hi Yooper,
>>> What distro are you using? Are you using it at work or at home? Any
>>> chance you will be attending the meetings?
>> I'm over in Lutz and would like to meet with you and discuss Linux. Maybe
>> somewhere between us, Like the Pannare Bread at Fowler and Bruce B Downs.
>>>> If you all would like, I live near there and can offer another viewpoint.
>>>> Assuming it's not too dangerout to get to.
>               Panera bread sounded like a great spot, but then realised that it moved or went out business so any other suggestions for those in the USF/Temple Terrace area?
panerabread.com thinks it's still there: