[NF] Munich and Schwäbisch Hall dump winders

[NF] Munich and Schwäbisch Hall dump winders

Pete Theisen
Hi Everybody,

http://www.infoworld.com/t/platforms/nine-german-cities-poised-adopt-linux-676

M$ chickens coming home to roost.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: [NF] Munich and Schwäbisch Hall dump winders

Chuck Hast
Look at the date:

September 17, 2003

I believe there has been a lot of conversion in many places in Europe. But that
one is a bit "aged".

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 20:50, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/t/platforms/nine-german-cities-poised-adopt-linux-676
>
> M$ chickens coming home to roost.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/
> http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;
and twisted metal."
---
Home web site:
www.wchast.com

ZoneMinder Demo and test site
www.wchast.com/zm
Login = guest
pwd   = guest

Chuck Hast wrote:
> Look at the date:
>
> September 17, 2003

Significant that there hasn't been a follow up story. Must be still on
it. I mean I got it off of google today.

Pete Theisen wrote:
> Chuck Hast wrote:
>> Look at the date:
>>
>> September 17, 2003
>
> Significant that there hasn't been a follow up story. Must be still on
> it. I mean I got it off of google today.

Looks like Munich is still on it at least:

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3348475/munich-mayor-says-switch-linux-is-much-cheaper-reduced-complaints/

>> I believe there has been a lot of conversion in many places in Europe.
>> But that
>> one is a bit "aged".
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 20:50, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Everybody,
>>>
>>> http://www.infoworld.com/t/platforms/nine-german-cities-poised-adopt-linux-676
>>>

>>> M$ chickens coming home to roost.

--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/
http://elect-pete-theisen.com/

Re: [NF] Munich and Schwäbisch Hall dump winders

steven@stevenkentjohnson.com
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [NF] Munich and Schwäbisch Hall dump winders

Eben King
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Steven Kent Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Pete Theisen wrote:

>>> Significant that there hasn't been a follow up story. Must be still on
>>> it. I mean I got it off of google today.
>>
>> Looks like Munich is still on it at least:
>>
>> http://www.computerworlduk.**com/news/public-sector/**
>> 3348475/munich-mayor-says-**switch-linux-is-much-cheaper-**
>> reduced-complaints/<http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3348475/munich-mayor-says-switch-linux-is-much-cheaper-reduced-complaints/>

> After the collapse of the Vienna program the CSU is evaluating the overall
> viability of this long term roadmap.    The CSU is concerned that
> management and deployment costs are not adequately measured and that user
> acceptance and training is not being properly identified.   For example,
> noting that complaints dropped from 70 to 46 per month is not the same as
> user acceptance.    The drop could be attributed to "known errors" not
> being counted or a number of other factors.

Or the complaints could be things like "I can't modify the database AT ALL"
instead of things like "The Trash is gone and I don't know how to delete
things".

--
-eben     [hidden email]     http://royalty.mine.nu:81
Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your electronic