A hacker hangout in Pinellas?

dylan
Administrator
Adoption Related Services of Pinellas has "decided to buy and renovate
an old building to be able to better serve the needs in our area."

The property has a detached, 900sf air-conditioned building in the
back and is located in a mixed-use area of Pinellas Park.
Art Eaton of ARSP wants to put this space to a good use, such as being
a hangout location for tech meetings and hackathons. It could also be
used for smaller workshop projects.

The space will need a lot of elbow grease to reach its potential. I
will be dedicating some of my spare time to cleaning up the place, and
an extra set of hands would be appreciated.

The place also could use a name,which will make talking about it a lot easier.

Current names on the table are:

* pi-base or pi-base station (inspired by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-base)
* Hack Shack (which already has its own song)
* Geek Garage
* Morty's Lab (we're not sure who morty is)

We're still looking for better ideas.

Finally, if you would like to send a "thank you" to ARSP, you could
donate to their bowl-a-thon fundraiser:
https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/adoption-related-services-of-pinellas-501c3-bowlathon/description

Re: [SPAM] A hacker hangout in Pinellas?

Art Eaton
About five of us went to see the hackerspace building today.  A few
others have already been by to visit it.  We closed on the building
Thursday, so the whole deal is a go.
   A newly suggested name is:  *drumroll* Data Base 42
   Certainly equally obtuse as any other submission.
   "Saw-Base" also comes to mind...if someone really likes plays on "C-Base"
On 9/6/2013 9:04 AM, Dylan William Hardison wrote:

> Adoption Related Services of Pinellas has "decided to buy and renovate
> an old building to be able to better serve the needs in our area."
>
> The property has a detached, 900sf air-conditioned building in the
> back and is located in a mixed-use area of Pinellas Park.
> Art Eaton of ARSP wants to put this space to a good use, such as being
> a hangout location for tech meetings and hackathons. It could also be
> used for smaller workshop projects.
>
> The space will need a lot of elbow grease to reach its potential. I
> will be dedicating some of my spare time to cleaning up the place, and
> an extra set of hands would be appreciated.
>
> The place also could use a name,which will make talking about it a lot easier.
>
> Current names on the table are:
>
> * pi-base or pi-base station (inspired by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-base)
> * Hack Shack (which already has its own song)
> * Geek Garage
> * Morty's Lab (we're not sure who morty is)
>
> We're still looking for better ideas.
>
> Finally, if you would like to send a "thank you" to ARSP, you could
> donate to their bowl-a-thon fundraiser:
> https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/adoption-related-services-of-pinellas-501c3-bowlathon/description

Re: [SPAM] A hacker hangout in Pinellas?

dylan
Administrator
Future discussions on the hacker hangout concept should take place on:
to avoid spamming those not interested in it.